Major Events and Top News Headlines of 02 August 2010:
- Soon after revising deposit rates by up to 75 basis points, ICICI Bank has said the lending rates are expected to go up after September, even as some leading public sector banks have already increased rates for their existing customers.
- The DRDO is working on a number of electronics and computer science (ECS) related projects for the armed forces and the paramilitary.
- ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ star Dev Patel is finding it hard to promote his latest movie ‘The Last Airbender’, after the film was hit with bad reviews by the critics.
- Iconic Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar is all set to add another milestone in his illustrious career by becoming the most-capped Test cricketer when he plays in the third and final match of the ongoing series against Sri Lanka on Tuesday.
- The aircraft carrying British Prime Minister David Cameron on his maiden visit to India was caught in the mid-air drama as the computer software installed at IGI airport’s new terminal froze for 30 minutes, promoting a disaster scenario.