Major Events and Top News Headlines of 02 December 2010:
- British diplomats feared that India would be compelled to respond “with force” to Mumbai attacks by launching air strikes against militant training camps in PoK, a prediction dismissed as an “over reaction” by their U.S. counterparts, according to classified American embassy cables released by WikiLeaks.
- A top British diplomat in September 2009 told a visiting American diplomat that China has “dumped” Pakistan in the Conference on Disarmament, according to a US cable leaked by whistleblower site WikiLeaks on Wednesday.
- Nearly 190 films, with focus on Central Asian and Black American filmmakers, will be screened at 10 screening houses in Thiruvananthapuram in the annual 15th International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) from December 10 and 17.
- Chief Vigilance Commissioner P. J. Thomas, against whom the Supreme Court made observations on Tuesday, has offered to recuse himself from supervising the CBI probe in the 2G Spectrum scam, the Centre on Wednesday informed the Supreme Court.
- As FBI Director Robert Mueller headed towards Islamabad after his successful New Delhi visit, a top US diplomat cautioned him about the tough time they were experiencing inside Pakistan mainly because of the growing U.S.-India relationship.