Major Events and Top News Headlines of 02 July 2010:
- India’s largest realty firm, DLF, said it will sell a 92 per cent stake in its wholly-owned retail subsidiar.
- Internet titan Google plunged into the online travel market, buying ITA Software, a flight information software company, for USD 700 million in cash.
- Even though Twitter seems to be the flavour of the season for Bollywood denizens, actress Kareena Kapoor has launched her own website.
- Former dictator Jorge Rafael Videla, one of South America’s bloodiest military rulers, returns to court as a defendant on Friday for the first time since he was convicted of crimes against humanity 25 years ago.
- Terror struck Pakistan’s cultural hub of Lahore as a pair of suicide bombers attacked a famous Sufi shrine packed with thousands of worshippers, killing at least 43 people, including women and children, and injuring 180 others in the latest in a slew of attacks across the country.