Major Events and Top News Headlines of 02 November 2010:
- =Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday admitted the RBI’s move to hike short-term lending and borrowing rates will hurt growth in the near-term, but exuded confidence that economic expansion will gather pace later as a consequence..
- =N. Sundaradevan, Principal Secretary and Commissioner of Revenue Administration (CRA), has instructed the Collectors to issue identity cards to the beneficiaries of the Kalaignar Kaapeetu Thittam before November 15.
- =The Union Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) has asked the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) Chairman to submit the video film prepared by the Board of the public hearing held at Vadaseri village in Thanjavur district for Greenfield molasses/grains based distillery unit by Kings India Chemicals Corporation Limited.
- = Indian-American Rao Anumolu, president and CEO of a technology services company, has been felicitated with the prestigious Ellis Island Medal of honour, highest civilian award in the U.S. for the immigrants.
- = A 28—year—old mother of two whose bleak prospects and resilient attitude prompted a handwritten note from President Barack Obama promising “things will keep getting better” has sold the memento for $7,000.