Major Events and Top News Headlines of 03 August 2010:
- SBI Mutual Fund, one of India’s largest fund houses, has witnessed an increase of over Rs 4,785-crore in its average assets in July.
- BJP Parliamentary Party met on Tuesday to discuss the strategy for debating the price rise issue in the two Houses and expressed concern over the deteriorating law and order situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
- A group of Left MPs has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh requesting him to send a delegation of Parliamentarians to assess the situation in violence-hit Jammu and Kashmir.
- Airlines will soon have to compensate passengers for delaying/cancelling flights or denying them boarding passes, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha today.
- Organising Committee Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010 Chairman Suresh Kalmadi on Tuesday set up a three-member panel to probe the money scam trail to the United Kingdom.