Major Events and Top News Headlines of 03 July 2010:
- Delhi on Saturday got a spanking new world-class Rs 9,000 crore airport that will integrate domestic and international operations and is expected to handle 34 million passengers annually.
- A bandh called by Shri Amarnath Sangrash Samiti (SAYSS), which spearheaded the land agitation here last year, to protest the alleged attempts to disrupt the Amarnath pilgrimage has evoked little response today.
- TRS MP and film actress Vijayasanthi and Congress MLA T Jayaprakash were on Saturday arrested on charges of making inflammatory remarks.
- Lalit Modi’s expulsion from the BCCI appeared almost certain today with a Special General Meeting unanimously ratifying all charges against him and authorising Board President Shashank Manohar to initiate civil and criminal proceedings against the suspended IPL chief.
- Pakistani law enforcement agencies have arrested 12 suspects in connection with the twin suicide bombings at a famous Sufi shrine here and recovered sophisticated weapons and explosives from them, an official said on Saturday.