Major Events and Top News Headlines of 03 November 2010:
- =Three agents were arrested late Tuesday in connection with an alleged attempt to transport Sri Lankan Tamil refugees to Australia via Velankanni. However, the arrests were revealed here on Wednesday.
- =The Tamil Nadu Pumps and Spares Manufacturers’ Association has appealed to the State Government to relax the tender norms for supply of energy efficient pumpsets free of cost to farmers in the State.
- = With the recovery of four more bodies, the toll in the road accident in Doda district today has risen to eight, while 40 others are injured, police said here.
- =British firm Macalloy, which had supplied the steel frame of the collapsed foot over-bridge outside the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, has been asked by Delhi Government to provide details about deficiencies in design of the structure which the company claimed it was aware about.
- =A Dhaka court has questioned the “Delhi Treaty” under which Bangladesh agreed to return 195 Pakistani soldiers who had surrendered in the 1971 war.