Major Events and Top News Headlines of 03 October 2009:
- A pilot and the member of a cabin crew were injured when they rpt they scuffled with each other mid-air on Air India’s flight from Sharjah to Lucknow on Saturday morning.
- Stone Intermodal Pvt. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stone India, has signed an agreement with RailRoadrunner of the U.S. to manufacture.
- Four more people succumbed to A(H1N1) on Saturday, raising the death toll due to the virus to 332 in the country as 197 fresh cases were reported.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday announced timeframe for infrastructural schemes under the massive Rs 24,000 crore package he had announced for the state last year.
- Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has amended an anti-terror law allowing authorities to act against members of outlawed groups that set up new outfits with different names, a move which may have ramifications for LeT whose founder Hafiz Saeed floated JuD after it was banned.