Major Events and Top News Headlines of 03 September 2009:
- It is not just alcohol that can be detected using a breath analyser. Scientists from the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa have found a way to diagnose lung cancer using a breath analyser containing gold nanoparticles.
- Results from the first swine-flu vaccine trials taking place in Britain have revealed a strong immune response after administering just one dose.
- Andhra Pradesh has lost an outstanding leader and the country has lost an ideal Chief Minister who was a role model for other States,” says Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in his condolence message.
- Delhi High Court dismisses petitions filed by Uphaar cinema hall owners challenging summons for tampering of evidence. A fine of Rs. 25,000 each was also imposed on the four petitioners.
- The Delhi High Court on Wednesday held that all power — judicial power exercised by Supreme Court judges being no exception — is accountable to the Constitution.