Major Events and Top News Headlines of 03 September 2010:
- India’s public debt increased by 4.1 per cent to Rs 26,97,940 crore during the first quarter of the fiscal, according to the latest data.
- British energy major BP said it has spent nearly USD 8 billion as expenses related to the devastating Mexican Gulf oil spill, much higher than last month’s estimate of USD 6 billion.
- Even before the official process of integration of Tech Mahindra and Mahindra Satyam commenced, execution of projects is being shared between the companies, highly placed sources said on Friday.
- The quest to procure basic trainer aircraft for new pilots will acquire momentum with the Indian Air Force (IAF) scheduled to begin trials for six competitors at Jamnagar, Gujarat, this month.
- In a turn of events that would appear baffling to most non-lawyers Vijay Kumar, the Indian filmmaker arrested at an airport in Houston for carrying brass knuckles, had his visa revoked by the immigration authorities and then was deposited in jail for not having a valid U.S. visa.