Major Events and Top News Headlines of 04 August 2010:
- A total of 255 terrorists had made attempts to infiltrate from across the border with Pakistan till June this year, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
- Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday apologised to the Lok Sabha for losing his temper when a TDP member made some remarks while protesting the construction of Babhli barrage.
- The Supreme Court on Wednesday sought an explanation from the District Judge of Ghaziabad Vishnu Chandra Gupta for his alleged interference in the course of justice in the Uttar Pradesh provident fund scam case in which names of judicial officers including an apex court judge (since retired) have cropped up.
- England are the favourites to win this year’s Ashes as Ricky Ponting’s men have lost their aura of invincibility, feels former Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds.
- The U.S. Treasury Department on Tuesday sought to further tighten curbs against Iran’s nuclear ambitions and its support for terror groups by naming Iranian-controlled companies and forbidding dealing with them.