Major Events and Top News Headlines of 04 December 2010:
- President Pratibha Patil today hailed the efforts of Indian athletes, who brought glory to the country in the recently-concluded Asian Games at Guangzhou and encouraged them to maintain their golden run.
- In the next few days, Rs.24 crore will be released by the Chennai Port Trust and Ennore Port as its contribution towards Ennore-Manali Road Improvement Project (EMRIP), said Shipping Minister G.K. Vasan on Friday.
- The United States’ support for India’s candidacy for a permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council is consistent with U.S. interest in seeing India sign the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) according to a State Department spokesman.
- Spanish airports remained largely paralysed on Saturday due to an air controllers’ wildcat work action which has left more than 300,000 passengers stranded. Thousands of passengers spent the night at the airports of Madrid, Barcelona and Majorca.
- Suspense over the fate of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchisee, Kochi, will finally end as the Governing Council meets here tomorrow to take a decision on the issue amidst legal hurdles being faced by the BCCI.