Major Events and Top News Headlines of 04 February 2010:
- Tired of irregular classes and erratic schedule of teachers past three years, parents and guardians of 66 primary students in Vandarda village of Sankheda taluka on Thursday withdrew their names from the school.
- British Airways PLC said Friday that its cost-cutting drive has put the airline on the right course but won’t save it from posting record losses in the current year.
- A swift and small ‘spy fidayeen bomb’ developed by border guarding BSF may soon become a nightmare for terrorists in any seize situation as it can stealthily enter into enemy territory for surveillance and explode itself to eliminate the militants.
- The CBI has registered two cases against eight public servants including a professor each from JNU and Delhi University for violation of AICTE norms.
- The Punjab State Electricity Board (PSEB) has recently demanded Rs 1,400 crore more from the Centre under the restructured Accelerated Power Development Resource Programme (APDRP).