Major Events and Top News Headlines of 04 July 2009:
- Painted thermocol mangoes lining the entrance of Pitampura’s Dilli Haat gave way to real mangoes of a mind-boggling 400 varieties at Delhi tourism department’s 21st mango festival.
- The Delhi High Court’s decision to decriminalise homosexuality and lesbianism has got the goat of religious leaders and organisations across the board. They have started putting pressure on the Centre to go for an appeal in the Supreme Court against the high court ruling.
- Michael Jackson had attributed his changing skin colour to the rare disease of vitiligo but his close friend and ‘Thriller’ producer Quincy Jones has come out saying that the singer altered his appearance because he did not like being black.
- She is inching closer to being among the world’s top five and is tipped to be number one in the next couple of years but ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal says being numero uno is still a very distant dream.
- As Michael Jackson’s toxicology report is yet to come, the experts say Diprivan is a dangerous drug, which should not have been taken by him.