Major Events and Top News Headlines of 04 July 2010:
- The Indian IT sector, which is reviving from the global financial crisis, might not have seen great salary hikes last fiscal.
- Actress Bipasha Basu is the latest Bollywood face to have joined Twitterdom and has gained almost 15000 followers within seven hours of her entry.
- After years of search by top monks, a 4-year-old Tibetan boy was chosen on Sunday, as the sixth ‘Living Buddha’ in the Tibetan capital Lhasa, through a lot-drawing system of two candidates conducted by the 11th Panchen Lama who is being projected by China as the Dalai Lama’s successor.
- Pakistan law enforcement agencies have arrested 12 suspects in connection with the twin suicide bombings at Sufi shrine Data Darbar in Lahore and recovered sophisticated weapons and explosives and uniforms of security agencies from them, an official said on Saturday.
- Soon after assuring Lokayukta Justice N Santosh Hegde that his corruption concerns would be heeded, Karnataka CM B S Yeddyurappa on Saturday wrote a letter to PM Manmohan Singh seeking a ban on export of iron ore.