Major Events and Top News Headlines of 04 June 2009:
- With Left Front and BJP on its side, Congress pushes for 33 per cent quota.
- Rohit Sharma tore apart Pakistan’s bowling attack with an 80-run blitzkrieg as India bulldozed their arch-rivals by nine wickets with three overs to spare in their warm-up match of the ICC World Twenty20 on Wednesday night.
- Nearly a month after the prosecution in 26/11 terror attack case urged for non-bailable warrants (NBW) against 35 absconding accused, including Jamaat-ud-
- Dawa chief Hafeez Saeed, a special court in Mumbai is yet to
issue the same as the addresses of the accused have not been provided by the police.
- The presence of former leg-spinner Mushtaq Ahmed in England’s camp has got the Pakistan team worried ahead of their opening clash against the hosts in the ICC World Cup Twenty20 on Sunday.