Major Events and Top News Headlines of 04 November 2010:
- =Eight Indian States are home to 421 million multidimensionally poor people, more than the figure of 410 million in 26 poorest African countries.
- =The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is working on India’s future main battle tank (FMBT) with a 1,500-horsepower (HP) indigenous engine.
- = Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad came in for praise on Thursday from the State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal, who said the arrest of Harshad Solanki, a suspect in 2007 Ajmer dargah blast case, was a major achievement for the agency.
- =China is pressuring European governments to avoid the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony for imprisoned democracy activist Liu Xiaobo and not make any statements in support of him, several diplomats said on Thursday.
- = India is among the 40 most-improved economies since 2005 which made significant changes in improving business regulations at a steady pace, the International Finance Corporation, a wing of the World Bank, has said.