Major Events and Top News Headlines of 05 December 2010:
- =Differently-abled persons have not been benefited in the recruitment drive carried out by the State government in the last four-and-a-half years.
- =The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has sought the Supreme Court’s nod to probe former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah’s role in the killing of Tulsiram Prajapati, an eyewitness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
- = When Naxalites announced the formation of the People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) a decade ago, security agencies dismissed it as an attempt by the rebels to regroup their cadres and propaganda to boost their perceived military strength.
- = The new look Team India under Gautam Gambhir might be on a roll at the moment but it would be a different experience at the World Cup and a series in South Africa would be an ideal preparation, former India captain Sourav Ganguly said here on Sunday.
- = Exactly two years before the 2008 Mumbai attacks, American officials pressured the Pakistan government to crack down on the Lashker-e-Taiba and its front Jamaat-ud-Dawah but were unable to make much headway, according to a secret U.S. diplomatic cable.