Major Events and Top News Headlines of 05 July 2010:
- The 6th batch of 3,094 pilgrims on Monday left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
- With all-rounder Ryan Harris ruled out due to a knee injury, Australia brought in pacer Peter George as his replacement in the Test squad for a two-match series against Pakistan in England later this month.
- Pakistani authorities have formed special task forces to crack down on 17 radical groups, including the Jamaat-ud-Dawah and Lashker-e-Taiba, in the wake of the suicide attack on the Data Darbar shrine.
- With less than 90 days left for the Commonwealth Games, a leading US-based think tank has warned that athletes will be most vulnerable to terrorist attacks while in transit.
- This may not have occurred to you, but a Supreme Court judge is like an aircraft-carrier.