Major Events and Top News Headlines of 05 November 2010:
- = In the wake of reports that the U.S. did not convey critical information on Mumbai attack plotter David Headley to India, a top official underlined that improving counter-terrorism cooperation was on President Barack Obama’s agenda during his visit to the country.
- = The US Consulate in Mumbai on Friday apologised for having asked invitees to President Barack Obama’s functions to submit personal details like PAN numbers after it drew angry reaction from senior Maharashtra ministers and officials and blamed “clerical error” for the queries.
- = Toyota’s second quarter profit more than quadrupled despite lingering worries about the safety of its cars after massive recalls that are still dogging its sales in the U.S.
- = Asniper team was part of the operation launched by the Chennai Police to rescue 13-year-old R. Keerthivasan who was kidnapped by two youths early this week.
- = Questioning the shifting stand of AIADMK general secretary Jayalalithaa on the Cauvery Tribunal, Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi asked on Thursday as to who had called the Tribunal a toothless body.