Major Events and Top News Headlines of 05 September 2010:
- The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, which has been receiving flak for tardy preparations, is seeking a hefty insurance cover of Rs 750 crore in the event of cancellation of the sporting extravaganza.
- At a time the Sri Lankan government is involved in the resettlement and rehabilitation of Tamils affected by the decades-old but now concluded civil war, Arjuna Ranatunga.
- It’s the final week before the Champions League gets going and it’s about time I got back into competition mode. Ideally I would have liked to get going much before, but the eye injury kept me down.
- Condemning the Centre’s approach on the Kashmir problem, the Bharatiya Janata Party has made it clear that it was opposed to third party mediation.
- Japanese public schools are reintroducing whale meat in their lunch menus at low prices to expand consumption, according to a survey released today.