Major Events and Top News Headlines of 06 December 2010:
- = Activists of the campaign, ‘India Lifeline to Gaza,’ returned from Lahore on Monday after handing over a Palestinian flag to their Pakistani compatriots.
- = The Indian Statistical Institute has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for co-operation in research with the London School of Economics, Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee announced here on Sunday.
- = Bangalore-based Wipro GE Healthcare, a joint venture between Wipro and GE’s healthcare business, plans to roll out at least 100 “cost-effective” health care equipment in the country over the next five years.
- = The leader of Malaysia’s main ethnic Indian party has stepped down after more than three decades at the helm.
- = United States officials believed that the Chinese Communist Party’s highest levels were involved in planning last year’s hacking attacks on Google and forcing the company out of China, leaked U.S. Embassy cables have indicated.