Major Events and Top News Headlines of 06 November 2010:
- =On a day of fortune swings at the Sardar Patel Stadium here on Friday, the underdog fought hard.
- = The US Consulate in Mumbai on Friday apologised for having asked invitees to President Barack Obama’s functions to submit personal details like PAN numbers after it drew angry reaction from senior Maharashtra ministers and officials and blamed “clerical error” for the queries.
- = The Obama administration was “keen to see a level playing field,” regarding the civil nuclear agreement with India and there will “definitely” be an announcement on India’s role in Afghanistan and regional counter-terrorism issues, a senior State Department official said hours before the U.S. President embarked on his India visit.
- =A Qantas Boeing 747 returned to Singapore with an engine problem shortly after takeoff on Friday, local TV stations reported.
- = Qantas said the midair blowout near Singapore on one of its Airbus superjumbos was likely caused by material failure or faulty design in one of its Rolls—Royce engines, as the carrier ferried stranded passengers Friday to Australia.