Major Events and Top News Headlines of 06 September 2009:
- Corporate India’s confidence on the state of the economy is on an upswing, with a majority of the companies surveyed by industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) agreeing that the government stimulus has spurred economic activities.
- Axis Asset Management Company Limited (Axis AMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Axis Bank Ltd, announced has announced on Sunday that it has received the final regulatory approval from the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to launch its mutual fund business in the country.
- A meeting organised here on Sunday by the Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee to condole the death of Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ended abruptly as Congress activists kept interrupting proceedings almost from the beginning.
- Despite differences on various other issues, Pakistan has expressed its readiness to forge alliance with India on the climate change agenda to keep off the developed nations from thrusting their green house gas emission standards on the developing nations.
- India may lose one of its crucial lifelines — the south west monsoon, which brings rains across the country during the summers, in the next 150 years, warns a new study by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology.