Major Events and Top News Headlines of 07 December 2010:
- =BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India and China) countries on Monday outlined three issues that were non-negotiable and this included the necessity of a second commitment period to the Kyoto Protocol. The outcome at Cancun must be built on an agreement on a second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol, they declared.
- = Dana Schuppert, an expert on India-China relations, has called for the setting up of Chinese cultural centres in Chennai, Bangalore and New Delhi and Indian cultural centres in Beijing and Kunming to mark the 60th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- =Former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura on Tuesday appeared before the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) and is understood to have told it that all decisions related to 2G Spectrum allocation had been taken by the then minister A. Raja and he only carried out the orders.
- = “The biggest culprit” for rampant corruption in India, exemplified by recent cases such as the Commonwealth games scandal and the 2G-spectrum auction, is the Indian state, according to a leading think tank in Washington.
- = An aviation official says a U.S. passenger airplane lost a medium-size access door over western Denmark last month.