Major Events and Top News Headlines of 07 February 2010:
- The reader is right. The title to the subject in The Hindu dated February 1 would require correction in that the aggregate deduction under Sec. 80C and the contributions to annuity plans or pension funds under Sec. 80CCC or Sec. 80CCD should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh.
- A special Chinese envoy held discussions with North Korean officials on Sunday, state media reported, amid international efforts to persuade the North to rejoin nuclear disarmament talks.
- As sugar prices rise, Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar’s NCP on Sunday offered a recipe — consume less of the sweetener as “no one dies due to not eating sugar“.
- The launch of Agni-III, the missile with the longest range in India’s arsenal, from the Wheeler Island off Orissa on Sunday was a complete success.
- A suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militant was arrested in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Sunday, a senior police officer said.