Major Events and Top News Headlines of 07 July 2009:
- The Centre is yet to wake up to the increasing job cuts due to the ongoing economic recession. Though Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee claimed in his budget that at least 12 million additional job opportunities will be created in a year, he presented no proposals to substantiate his tall claim.
- If by 2010 you see a marked improvement in Delhi”s traffic and police communication network, you might as well thank Union finance minister Pranab Mukherjee.
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear Mukesh Ambani-run Reliance Industries Limited’s (RIL) and Anil Ambani-led Relaince Natural Resources Limited’s (RNRL) petitions on the gas dispute between the two firms.
- The ripples of the shocking killing of an MBA student from Ghaziabad – Ranbir Singh – in an alleged fake encounter in Dehradun are still being felt.
- At least 16 major television networks are planning live coverage of Michael Jackson’s memorial service, making it one of the biggest televised event of the year after the January 20 inauguration of President Barack Obama.