Major Events and Top News Headlines of 07 June 2009:
- Scotland became the first team to be knocked out of the 2009 ICC World Twenty20, when they were crushed by South Africa by 130 runs.
- As he battled a freak injury and nerves in the French Open men’s doubles final, ace Indian tennis player Leander Paes said an inspiring eye contact with his legendary former mixed doubles partner Martina Navratilova lifted his spirits.
- Brawn GP’s Jenson Button won the Turkish Grand Prix for his sixth victory in seven Formula One races.
- Union Minister for Overseas Affairs Vayalar Ravi on Sunday said India has already mounted diplomatic pressure on Australia to ensure that students and other Indian nationals are safe in that country.
- Indian fans are praying for the team win against Bangladesh in the first match in Nottingham.