Major Events and Top News Headlines of 07 November 2010:
- = In a dramatic collapse, India lost their top three batsmen with only two runs on the board at tea after dismissing New Zealand for 459 on the fourth day of the first cricket Test here today.
- = While demanding stringent measures to put an end to illegal sand quarrying in the State, AIADMK general secretary Jayalalithaa on Sunday urged the State government to grant Rs. 10 lakh compensation to the family members of a woman who was killed when a sand-laden lorry hit her two-wheeler in Karur district.
- = It was a protest with a difference as people from different parts of Kashmir Valley on Sunday converged at Lal Chowk in the heart of the city to register their opposition to continuing strike calls given by the separatists.
- =In an attempt to rein in the media, the draft Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Bill, 2010 prevents reporting on any child involved in an offence without “complete and authentic” information and without the consent of the child or his or her guardian.
- = In committing itself to supporting India’s full membership in the Nuclear Suppliers Group and other multilateral export control regimes, the Obama administration has finally opened a door for the country to transcend the legal confines of a treaty that has defined global attitudes towards nuclear weapons for over four decades: the NPT.