Major Events and Top News Headlines of 07 September 2009:
- In yet another setback to the Narendra Modi government, the Ahmedabad metropolitan magistrate, S.P. Tamang, has ruled that the June 2004 killing of Ishrat Jahan and three others was also a case of “fake encounter.”
- President Pratibha Patil arrived here on Sunday on the second leg of her two-nation tour of Russia and Tajikistan.
- Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday said that G-20 countries, a club of developed and developing nations, have agreed to continue with the stimulus packages till the global economy fully recovers.
- A study by a team at the Stirling University, UK, claims that while Facebook stretches the working memory, the micro-blogging format of Twitter diminishes it.
- Dr. Tracy Alloway of the University says with Twitter, the attention span of the users is much lesser and its effects not so positive e-commerce is the key driver for online advertising. But it is still nascent and growing compared to other verticals such as travel, head hunting and matrimonial.