Major Events and Top News Headlines of 07 September 2010:
- Public transport services were hit while banking services were partially affected in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh in the wake of the nationwide strike call given by major trade unions to protest price rise and labour laws among other issues.
- The companies were chosen from a “record number” of 78 nominations submitted by American ambassadors around the world, a primary qualification for nomination being the requirement that the companies were international business leaders who recognised the role of U.S. businesses abroad as good corporate citizens.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General has sent to the Oil Ministry part of its audit finding of the expenditure that Reliance Industries incurred in developing Krishna Godavari basin D6 gas field, which was at the centre of an inflated billing controversy.
- Pakistani prosecutors filed a petition on Tuesday in a Rawalpindi—based anti—terrorism court seeking the formation of a commission to visit India to record the testimony of 24 key witnesses in the Mumbai attacks case, including lone surviving attacker Ajmal Kasab.
- Jharkhand Governor M. O. H. Farook on Tuesday night sent a report to the Centre recommending revocation of President’s Rule in the State, hours after BJP leader Arjun Munda staked claim to form a new government.