Major Events and Top News Headlines of 08 December 2010:
- = The amount of Rs. 500 crore announced for taking up flood relief is not sufficient and the State should enhance it, said G. Ramakrishnan, State secretary of the Communist Party of India (Marxist), here on Wednesday.
- = An MD course in Diabetology will soon be started at Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, its Vice Chancellor Mayilvahanan Natarajan has said.
- =National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) chairman K.G. Balakrishnan on Wednesday denied reports in a section of the media that the former Madras High Court Judge.
- =In a rare instance, the Supreme Court has admitted that its earlier judgments, in one and the same case, upholding the death sentence awarded by the trial court and confirmed by the High Court were a mistake and violation of human rights of the accused.
- =The Chinese scientific research ship Dayang Yihao, or “Ocean One”, set sail from Guangzhou on December 8, starting a 376-day global trip that will take it across the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian Oceans.