Major Events and Top News Headlines of 08 July 2010:
- The Indian rupee rose on Thursday, boosted by higher local shares and supported by stronger Asian currencies.
- The International Monetary Fund on Thursday raised India’s growth forecast for 2010 to 9.5 per cent, stating that favourable financing conditions and robust corporate profits will accelerate economic expansion.
- Even as JD(U) and BJP have patched up after their recent tiff, LJP feels the whole episode was “stage-managed” to confuse people of Bihar ahead of the Assembly polls and contends that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is “playing the RSS game”.
- Hare Krishna movement has been stopped from seeking donations at the Los Angeles International Airport by a US court.
- Russia and the United States appeared to be considering a spy swap on Wednesday to send home a ring of suspected Russian agents whose arrest cast an unwelcome Cold War chill over warming diplomatic ties.