Major Events and Top News Headlines of 08 June 2009:
- Maoists blew up a police station in Orissa’s Koraput district besides setting ablaze some vehicles in the Naxal-infested area, about 530 km from here, police said on Monday.
- In the backdrop of ongoing protests in Jammu and Kashmir over the alleged rape and murder of two women in Shopian, Home Minister P. Chidambaram is likely to visit Srinagar on June 11 to review the overall security situation in the state, sources in the ministry said.
- Become stronger to handle racist attacks’ seems to be the new mantra amongst Indian students in Australia.
- Maharashtra Home Minister Jayant Patil on Monday said that substandard bulletproof jackets were not responsible for the death of Anti-Terrorism Squad chief Hemant Karkare and other Mumbai Police officers during the 26/11 terror attacks.
- Police take a ward boy in custody after a foreigner alleges molestation at a Kanpur hospital, where she was being treated for dehydration.