Major Events and Top News Headlines of 08 November 2010:
- = U.S. President Barack Obama today said India is now a world power and the two countries can work together on issues like counter-terrorism to promote peace, stability and prosperity for the whole world.
- =The White House on Saturday released the highlights of India-U.S. trade deals that exceed USD 14.9 billion in total value.
- =The National Export Initiative: U.S. – India Transactions As part of the National Export Initiative, President Obama noted that India — with its tremendous economic growth and its large and growing middle class — is a key market for U.S. exports.
- =Five Church of England bishops announced on Monday they are converting to Catholicism following an invitation to disaffected Anglicans from Pope Benedict XVI, the highest—profile defectors among conservatives opposed to gay bishops and female clergy.
- = A top Republican senator has urged US President Barack Obama to reject the “mockery” of Myanmar’s first election in 20 years and renew his backing for democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi.