Major Events and Top News Headlines of 08 September 2010:
- Six months after a failed test, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted the second static testing of its liquid core stage (L110) of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III (GSLV Mk -III), according to a press release.
- The Planning Ministry will support extension of tax sops to the IT industry and work towards avoiding harsh impact of the Direct Tax Code, Union Minister of State for Planning and Parliamentary Affairs Narayanasamy said here on Wednesday.
- After more than a year, an A (H1N1) influenza death was reported here on Tuesday.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, a leading domestic pharmaceutical company, announced that the Supreme Court of Israel has dismissed the appeal by Israel-based Taro Pharmaceutical Industries of the previous ruling by the Tel-Aviv District Court holding that the Israeli special tender offer (STO) rules do not apply to the tender offer by Sun’s subsidiary, Alkaloida Chemical Company Exclusive Group Ltd.
- Highlighting the significant potential for defence cooperation between India and the United States, the U.S.-India Business Council has launched a Homeland Security Executive Mission at INDESEC Expo 2010, a major defence industry exhibition in New Delhi.