Major Events and Top News Headlines of 09 August 2010:
- State-run BHEL said it has bagged a contract worth Rs 2,525 crore from Abhijeet Infra for setting up a 1,080 MW thermal power plant (4×270 MW) in Jharkhand.
- Biscuit maker Britannia on Monday posted a 30.6 per cent decline in net profit at Rs 32.83 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2010.
- Telecom Minister A Raja on Monday dismissed allegations of corruption in allotment of 2G spectrum in 2008 saying the government followed the policies of previous NDA regime and the recommendations of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- Somdev Devvarman’s stay in the top-100 lasted just one week as the Indian suffered a huge loss of 15 positions to find himself at 111th spot in the latest ATP rankings, issued today.
- HSBC Global Technology came away with a crucial victory over Starent-Marvell in the 8th Inter Information Technology Football Championship Trophy played at the Range Hills Ground on Saturday and Sunday.