Major Events and Top News Headlines of 09 February 2010:
- Nasdaq-listed Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation has reported that its revenue for the fourth quarter ended December 2009 rose to $902.7 million, up 20 per cent from $753.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2008.
- The Centre has set in motion the process to appoint Lok Karmis and Lok Sevaks for the proper implementation of Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment guarantee Act (MGREGA).
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has told visiting Chinese officials that his country remains committed to denuclearization through six-nation talks, Chinese state media reported on Tuesday.
- A Pakistani court on Tuesday directed the federal government to provide medical care and other facilities to disgraced nuclear scientist A.Q. Khan after he complained that authorities had placed a “ban on water and medical supplies” to him under the garb of a court order.
- More than 70 per cent of India’s exim trade will come from Foreign Trade Agreement (FTA) in the next two to three years as over 12 countries will be collaborating with India, a senior Government official said.