Major Events and Top News Headlines of 09 July 2010:
- Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party on Friday appealed to the authorities to lift the curfew in parts of the valley in the interest of “human dignity” and demanded imposition of Governor’s Rule in the state.
- With the first phase of UIDAI aiming to enrol 600 million residents of the country into its database in next four years and its possible use in improving the Public Distribution System, the Authority Chairman Nandan Nilekani today said the journey will be “long” and “tough”.
- Senior Congress MLA Ajay Singh on Friday said that the BJP President Nitin Gadkari is suffering from foot-in-mouth disease following his remarks on Afzal Guru.
- India with 67,800 students accounts for largest number of foreign students in science and engineering in the United States and is followed by China with 53,740 pupils, the National Science Foundation has said.
- English language schools in UK on Friday won a High Court battle over new visa curbs, that were alleged to be damaging to their commercial success, a measure to check immigration from India and other non-EU countries.