Major Events and Top News Headlines of 09 November 2010:
- = A BJP member today demanded in the Lok Sabha that the disputed land in Ayodhya be handed over for construction of Ram temple in the wake of Allahabad High Court verdict of September 30.
- = Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday invited U.S. investments for developing infrastructure as the lack of quality facilities stood in the way of high growth.
- = Indian archery coach Limba Ram is unhappy with the team’s preparation for the upcoming Asian Games in China, where they are up for an “extremely tough challenge.”
- =Zulqarnain Haider on Tuesday announced his retirement from international cricket within three months of his Test debut after sensationally deserting his team due to death threats for refusing to fix matches.
- =Following Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan’s submission of resignation to the Governor on Tuesday in the wake of the Adarsh Housing Society scam, speculation is rife over his successor, with names of a few central and state party leaders doing the rounds.