Major Events and Top News Headlines of 09 September 2009:
- State-owned Canara Bank expects a loan growth of 22 per cent in the current financial year, its Chairman said.
- Former NASA associate administrator, Alan Stern, said the report showed the harsh facts that NASA’s space plans had “a mismatch between resources and rhetoric.” Now, he said, Mr. Obama faces a choice of “essentially abandoning human spaceflight” or paying the extra money.
- The Chinese government this week announced it would launch the world’s first mass vaccination programme for the flu in October amid fears that China could soon face a mass outbreak of the A(H1N1) flu.
- As the United Progressive Alliance Government completes 100 days in office on September 11, one of the promises made in the Presidential address, of providing 33 per cent political reservation for women.
- Private security guards in Uttar Pradesh may soon starting looking more professional and confident as the state Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) is all set to train them to combat terror strikes.