Major Events and Top News Headlines of 10 April 2010:
- The draft cinematograph Bill, 2010–that will replace the 60-year-old Cinematograph Act, 1952–is expected to introduce a slew of measures that will bring cheer to both makers of films in the country.
- US President Barack Obama would be discussing with the visiting Indian leader.
- Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee today called for the next wave of reforms in the financial sector in tune with the changing needs.
- Bangalore beat Kolkata by 7-wicket thrashing at Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Nearly 4.7 lakh students on Sunday appeared in the IIT-Joint Entrance Examination for admission to prestigious 15 IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU.