Major Events and Top News Headlines of 10 August 2010:
- In order to tap huge STD call market in India, estimated at 1.5 billion minutes per month, cellular operator, Tata Indicom announced its new offer for its prepaid subscribers, in the region.
- Government has set up a special control room in the Ministry of External Affairs to streamline the collation and dissemination of information on foreigners affected in the recent flash floods in Leh.
- In the wake of corruption charges against the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, Congress MP and former Sports Minister Mani Shankar Aiyar on Tuesday hinted at the removal of OC Chairman Suresh Kalmadi, saying “no one is indispensable”.
- The core team of Soch Lo, a feature film by Sartaj Singh Punnu to be released on August 27, has 27 graduates from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) who have contributed in areas like acting, editing, music, sound and cinematography.
- Acting on a tip-off, Malaysian authorities have arrested two Indians at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport with nine kilogrammes of party drug taped to their bodies.