Major Events and Top News Headlines of 10 February 2010:
- World’s largest manufacturer and marketer of fertilizers in the cooperative sector, Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative (IFFCO) on Wednesday announced a strategic alliance with Canadian company GrowMax Agri Corp to make its foray into potash project and oil and gas exploration.
- Election authorities have rejected around 13,000 claims for inclusion in the electoral roll for Pennagaram Assembly constituency, where by-election has been postponed.
- Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting S. Jagathratchagan on Wednesday said he would issue orders for organising poetry reading sessions in all the radio stations across the country.
- Pakistan appears to have decided to accept New Delhi’s offer of Foreign Secretary talks after thrashing it out at a meeting of domestic “stakeholders” on Wednesday and may suggest February 25 as the date, but has not said so yet officially.
- The government on Wednesday said the country needs investment to the tune of Rs. 3,61,000 crore to meet the shortage of nearly 25 million housing units.