Major Events and Top News Headlines of 10 January 2010:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs allows the US-based soft drinks major Pepsico to invest $200 million (Rs.930 crore) in its Indian arm.
- Superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan have jumped in support of sportspersons.
- Delhi’s Sriram Jha becomes the latest Indian chess player to get a Grand Master title from the International Chess Federation (FIDE).
- a Railways PSU, has now decided to expand its services and sell airline tickets too.
- India has moved up 35 places to become the 88th best country in the world to live, leaving behind nations like Russia and China