Major Events and Top News Headlines of 10 July 2010:
- Union Minister Farooq Abdullah met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram and discussed with them the prevailing situation in the Kashmir Valley.
- Country’s largest public sector lender State Bank of India (SBI) said it will recruit close to 1,000 executives, open 70 new branches, and install an additional 300 ATMs in the state this fiscal.
- Get ready to laugh out loud with one of the most-beloved animated characters of all time – Pink Panther.
- The UN Security Council presidential statement condemning the sinking of a South Korean warship by North Korea reflects the latter’s increasing international isolation, the White House has said.
- Reacting sharply over BJP President Nitin Gadkari’s controversial speech, asking the Congress if Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru was the party’s “son-in-law”, the ruling party on Friday demanded his “social and political boycott”.