Major Events and Top News Headlines of 10 September 2009:
- With its key export market US yet to show any signs of revival, Infosys on Thursday said it would bid for all big government projects in the country and would target a billion dollar (Rs 5,000 crore) revenue from India in the next 3-4 years.
- Bangladesh on Thursday indicated that it is taking action against north east insurgents taking shelter there as the two countries decided to sign agreements providing for transfer of terrorists and criminals.
- The entire Kulyab countryside seemed to have gathered on the roadside as President Pratibha Patil arrived here on Tuesday to pay her respects at the mausoleum of Mir Sayyid Ali Hamadani — the Iranian Sufi saint credited with propagation and spread of Islam in the Kashmir Valley.
- A group of Afghan journalists has blamed international troops for the death of a kidnapped colleague during a rescue operation.
- China on Thursday urged early talks on the Iran nuclear programme, and said it has received a package of proposals put forth by Iran.