Major Events and Top News Headlines of 10 September 2010:
- Unsure of the political fallout of the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid case verdict, expected on September 24, the Bharatiya Janata Party is unusually quiet and has officially refused to say anything except that it will await the judgment.
- The Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Thursday responded to Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi’s comment on “two Bengals,” saying a comparison of the socio-economic indicators of Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh and Purulia in West Bengal will tell “the real story”.
- India has positioned itself as a potential centre for infrastructure technology outsourcing (ITO) services and remote infrastructure management (RIM) will bring in the next wave of growth, according to Ludger Rohlmann, Vice President, Best Shore ITO Delivery Operations, HP (Hewlett-Packard).
- Three mothers who have pleaded with Iran for more than a year to free their American children have gotten a piece of the news they have wanted.
- Finance Minister T.M.Thomas Isaac has said that the government is not considering the Kerala State lottery as a means to earn revenue to the State. The lottery is supporting the livelihood of about two lakh workers, among whom many are disabled.