Major Events and Top News Headlines of 11 April 2010:
- Nearly 4.7 lakh students on Sunday appeared in the IIT-Joint Entrance Examination for admission to prestigious 15 IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU.
- The GSLV-D3 has an advanced telemetry system and advanced mission computers, besides a larger payload fairing made of composites.
- Bollywood actress Dia Mirza launching Samsung’s 3D television at Select Citywalk, Saket on Friday evening.
- The benchmark index Sensex scaling new heights, eight out of the top 10 companies added over Rs.26,000 crore to their market capitalisation, with Reliance Industries emerging as the top gainer.
- About 100 Rajya Sabha members have declared their assets worth more than Rupees one crore with independent Parliamentarian from Maharashtra Rahul Bajaj being the richest.