Major Events and Top News Headlines of 11 May 2015:
- AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa was acquitted by the Karnataka high court in DA case on May 11, 2015 as the percentage of disproportionate assets is 8.12% which is less than permissible limit of 10%.
- Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit has claimed on May 11, 2015 that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim is not staying in Pakistan. Dawood Ibrahim is the leader of organized criminal group D-company and mastermind of 1993 Mumbai blast. He is not only India’s most wanted man but on the list Interpol.
- ICICI president K. V. Kamath has been appointed as the first president of BRICS bank on May 11, 2015. The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) had agreed to set up the $100 billion development bank to be based in Shanghai and India got the right to nominate the first president as per the agreement.
- Black money bill was passed by Lok Sabha on May 11, 2015 to deal with black money hidden abroad. After the compliance window period, anyone found having undisclosed foreign income or assets would be required to pay 30% tax, 90% penalty and imprisonment upto 10 years.
- An overcrowded bus fell down into a 300 feet deep gorge in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir on May 11, 2015. 24 people were killed and 49 got injured in the accident.
- Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is the king of Saudi Arabia who refused to attend US Camp David summit hosted by President Barack Obama on May 11, 2015.
- K. G. Balakrishnan, former Chief Justice of India, was the sixth and longest serving chairman of the National Human Rights Commission from June 2010 to May 2015. He completed his tenure on May 11, 2015.
- Russian-Chinese Maritime Cooperation 2015, a 10 days training exercise, has been started on 11th May in the Black Sea port of Novorossiisk.
- US-based Harris Performance Products Ltd. has been acquired by Royal Enfield on May 11, 2015. Royal Enfield will be the owner of all assets, employees, trade names,technical know-how and all intellectual property of HPPL which was specialized in designing and manufacturing of high performance motorcycle.
- Pakistan banned cricket player Mohammad Aamir played his first competitive match after five years in the national T20 super eight tournaments on May 11, 2015 at Faisalabad.
The International Cricket Council has given him special permission to resume playing domestic cricket before his five years ban ends in September.